Today was one of our favorite days of the year- the day we celebrate all the reading that the students at NSES did this summer! Here are some quick stats about the Summer Reading Challenge:
- Overall, the students at NSES read 54,695 minutes – that’s 912 hours!
- Students in Kindergarten read 3,190 minutes or 53 hours!
- Students in Grade 1 read 8,335 minutes or 139 hours!
- Students in Grade 2 read 23,438 minutes or 390 hours – wow!
- Students in our 2 third grades read 19,732 minutes or 329 hours!
To celebrate, we held a gathering this morning where we shared some of our favorite books. Each student who participated received a certificate, pencil, and applause (of course!). We honored our top grade level readers with a gift card to Barnes and Noble. We ended our celebration with a short dance party, because every celebration needs a little music! See some pictures below of our top readers as well as some photos of our celebration.
Remember, reading is something we can celebrate every day! We’re hoping to keep our enthusiasm for reading high as we enter the 2015-2016 school year…let us know what your favorite books are and we’ll share!